Creative folk who have stayed here......
How do you want to spend your precious free time ?
Would you like to 're-wild' yourself on the South Downs, either by hiking the hills, drawing the Downland botanicals, foraging for lunch or biking the routes across to the sea. When you stay with us, you will be sure of a quiet nights' sleep under a heavy thread count. A mile up a country track, far from a main road, there is both quiet and clean air. When staying, guests use the library as their sitting room. Feel free to use the wood burner and logs (available from the loggia in the courtyard) then relax in our cedar wood sauna. Booked in advance, we offer massage, shiatsu, and facials with therapists who use organic botanicals. Water is from a spring on the Downs, but for those who wish for something stronger we have an honesty bar in the library.
Heading out from here ?
- Walk the South Downs - we offer maps of some the best routes from the house.
- Charleston Farmhouse - we offer 10% discount off entry.
- Monks House NT
- Farley Farm
- Wild swimming at Hope Gap or Seaford Beach for the sea or Piddinghoe in the River Ouse.
- National Gardens Scheme gardens.
- Award winning local pubs inc The Ram Inn at Firle or the Sussex Ox at Milton Street under the Long Man of Wilmington.
- Towner Gallery or De La Warr Pavilion.
- Market town of Lewes is ten minutes by car or thirty minutes by cycle path and boasts independent shops, great cafes and junk shops.
- Bring your bike and cycle to the sea.
- Rock pooling at Birling Gap.
- Opera at Glyndebourne/ book your taxi in advance GM Taxis 01272 473473.
Come solo or there are rooms for four couples who each get a private bathroom/ shower room. If you wanted to book the entire place for your friends and family and don't mind sharing bathrooms, we can sleep up to fourteen people. We do not offer a self catering option. All rooms have views across the Sussex Weald or onto the South Downs.
Arrivals are from 2pm and departures at 1030am. Breakfast available between 8am - 9am.
All breakfasts come with a selection of jams with wholemeal toast, soft fruit, granola, yoghurt, cereals tea and coffee.
Share your dietary preferences on booking.
All of our rooms can be made up as super kings or twin - please advise when booking.
- French Room - views across the Sussex Weald and an en suite bathroom - £125/night
- Pond Room - views up to Firle Beacon with private shower room (down a few stairs.) £115/night
- Tower Room -has views of Firle Tower, and across the Sussex Weald; comes with private bathroom (down a few stairs). Bathroom comes with spa bath, shower and underfloor heating. £105/night.
- Top Room - has views towards Firle Beacon and large private bathroom £115/night.
- Top Room & Mezzanine - ideal set up for families of 4 or 5. Three single beds make up the Mezzanine room, and both rooms share a large private bathroom - £210/night
- For larger parties that choose to share bathrooms, we have an additional twin and single room - fourteen bed spaces.
- POA for taking all over the whole house.
- Sorry we are unable to accept pets.
- Please note, the family live in a separate wing of the house.